FRIDAY FIVE: FALL TRENDY!.
in honor of one my favorite times of the year [halloween!] – I’ve got some of my favorite fall trends lined up that I like to curate into both FASHION and INTERIORS! here they are with fun ways to use them at home, or running around your city. [or both. I mean…who doesn’t like to walk around matching their house, right?!]
5. SKULLS: skulls & skull-print will never get old to me. long live AMCQ! and what’s a better time of year than right now to dress your fingers up with skull rings or your kitchen with skull head candy bowls? love.
4. FUN FUR: hello, shearling! one of my favorite looks at home is throwing faux fur over a chair or the end of the bed. and it’s all over lead designers’ minds this fall — moving from the runways to the streets over the next couple months, I’m excited to keep it fun this fall with a touch of faux fur here and there, neck or ankles…maybe even get a little bold with one of these shearling dresses I’ve got my heartface-eyes on!
3. ORANGE: okay I know this seems obvious. halloween is synonymous with orange, I get it, I know. but that’s not even the trend! orange is in big time this fall in a very MOD way. think 60’s-chic. think Eames, Egg, Saarinen, and Bucket Chairs everywhere + neatly tweeded dresses and go-go boots out the door. a very Mad Men, fall? yes, please.
2. STATEMENT PIECES: the creative quotes are being taken to a whole new level this fall…and I kind of dig it! get wordy in your own way with a DIY pillow or tote. funny and holiday inspired or something to last you a little longer through the fall — either way, cute, right?!
1. BLACK + WHITE STRIPES: for. life. beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice?! honestly I’ll take them any time of the year, anywhere. no shame in my black and white obsession and this classic line-up is perfect right now and always.