HOLIDAY DIY WITH ROLLING GREENS.
Looking for a little last minute personalized holiday BEauty?!
I had the pleasure of joining one of my FAVE home decor shops in LA: Rolling Greens for a little holiday gathering last week. Everything from the table settings + decor (of course) to the food + drinks to the company kept and DIY-fun was absolutely magical!
I’ve been working with the Rolling Greens Beverly Blvd location for a few years now — I’d say 90% of my design projects have at least a little touch (if not a LOT) of their products. Their buyers truly have a designer’s eye, which makes my life not only easier but also happier, and every single person I have the opportunity to work closely with here makes this place feel like a second home — always attentive, always caring, always positive, always like a second family.
And now I get to share with you a little glimpse of what they have to offer. Here is a fun, simple, and cost-efficient way to spruce up either some holiday gifts with a little love or your home or office!:
1. MINI WREATHS (OR FULL-SIZE ONES!): Pre-made and super inexpensive; see your local craft store for a bundle and use this as your base.
2. FLORAL WIRE + WIRE CUTTERS: Cut your wire into 1″ to 2″ pieces to secure the pieces you add to your wreath in place.
3. LEAFY THINGS: Rosemary, pine, and various dried floral leaves or mini pine cones or mini ornaments/jingle bells or ostrich-style feathers will do the trick! Build one-by-one; follow the shape of your wreath — cover the whole thing or go a little abstract or minimal with partial coverage like I did! (Sometimes less is more // sometimes more is more grand …depends on my mood!)
4. RIBBON + METALLIC PAINT OR PEN: This is where the gift of pretty handwriting comes into play. If brushwork sounds a little too intense, try a gold or silver metallic paint pen from your local arts + crafts store, and if you weren’t blessed with the gift to write something out neatly, grab a friend who was — we all have that one (I am definitely that friend!) Anything handwritten with a little love is always so much more personal — you can do a family last name, an inspiring word or mini message, or something in the name of Christmas!
5. PUT IT ALL TOGETHER AND TA-DA!: Secure each piece with your pre-cut wire pieces. I added some x’s with gold-laced string to mine. Splash a little faux snow-spray for an all-white Winter Wonderland-ey touch.
PS. I’m getting the recipe to the dangerously AMAZING drink shared that night asap for you…wait for it! & pretty sure I’m only ordering my cakes from now from Whisk & Whittle after inhaling that apple cider + cream cheese frosting cake. YUM!